Your Orchard Park chiropractors at Fuhrmann Health Center provide a variety of chiropractic techniques, including:
- Massage Therapy
- Spinal Decompression
- Adhesion Breaker Massage
- Muscle Release Technique
- Tens Therapy
- Cryotherapy and Heat
- Kinesio Tape
- Nutrition Concepts and Supplements
- Rehabilitative Exercise
What To Expect
On your first visit, you will have a one-on-one session with the doctor to review your past medical history and determine if you are a candidate for chiropractic care. A detailed physical exam will follow to rule out any contraindication to treatment. If needed, appropriate referrals will be made to ensure you get the treatment you need. New patient visits may last between 30 – 60 minutes.
A physical exam may consist of collecting vital signs, range of motion, and orthopedic & neurological testing. The doctor may ask you to dress in a gown, if needed, to visualize the area of complaint. Some tests performed by the doctor may cause discomfort as they are designed to reproduce your symptoms. Please understand, this is necessary to attain an accurate diagnosis.
After the physical exam, the doctor will explain your condition to you in plain English, if you are unsure of any part of your care, please ask questions. Each patient is different and each treatment plan will be tailored to meet your goals.
If it is determined that you will benefit from chiropractic care, you will be treated on the same day, unless further testing / imaging is needed. You may receive modalities (Ice, Heat, TENS, etc…) depending on your symptoms. Each patient will receive a custom treatment plan that is specific to their condition and treatment goals.
What We DON’T Do
- We don’t claim to be the only one with a “special new technique” that no other chiropractor can use.
- We don’t claim to be able to “cure” various conditions, such as asthma, heartburn, infections, diabetes, or some other chronic condition.
- We won’t recommend a long-term treatment plan, we will treat your specific condition and help you meet your health goals as quickly as possible.
- We don’t recommend the same type of treatment for virtually every patient, regardless of the patient’s condition.
- We won’t continually recommend ongoing care ad infinitum. There should ultimately be a treatment end point when goals are achieved or a change in treatment if improvement plateaus.
Typical Treatment Plans
Phase 1: Relief Care.
Our goal is to get you out of pain as fast as possible. Depending on the severity of your problem, it is typical to need care 2-3 times per week for 2-6 weeks.
Phase 2: Corrective / Restorative Care.
During the corrective care phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury. It is typical to need care 1-2 times per week for 2-12 weeks, depending on your overall health and the severity of your problem.
Phase 3: Performance / Wellness Care.
Once your body has fully healed, it is important to come in for periodic adjustments to avoid problems in the future. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the chiropractor 1-2 times per month, based on your lifestyle and goals.
Pain and Discomfort from Treatment
Chiropractic adjustments rarely cause discomfort. However, patients may sometimes experience mild soreness or aching following treatment that usually resolves within 12 to 48 hours.